Sublimation is the best choice for team uniforms and custom sports apparel.
Many people ask “What is sublimation printing and why choose to sublimate vs. screen print”? Sublimation is the process of transferring dye to a fabric using heat. The image is printed on special paper placed on the garment and heat is applied, allowing the ink to become part of the fabric. This will leave you with a more breathable, soft-hand feel to the fabric. The best part is that the numbers, letters and graphics do not wear off!
Sublimation is a great process that allows for vibrant, full color, all-over prints.
ADVANTAGES OF SUBLIMATION
- Unlimited colors with no added cost
- Produces vibrant colors, making it perfect for photographic images
- Ability to create complex all-over print designs on the front and back of your garment
- You can’t feel the print at all
- Sublimation print will not crack, peel, or fade
- Enhance your garment by adding a heat transfer such as, rhinestones, hot fix glitter or foil
MORE IN-DEPTH: Sublimation Printing - What is it, and what can it do for you?
Some apparel decorators call it dye-sub, or dye sublimation printing, but no matter what you call it, sublimation printing is a versatile, digital printing method that opens up a world of opportunities to any consumer of decorated goods.
So, what is sublimation? Well, simply put, sublimation is a process by which sublimation dyes are printed onto a transfer medium with a specially prepared inkjet printer. Thereafter, those dyes are then transferred from the medium to an object or garment under the heat and pressure delivered by a commercial heat press. Sublimation only works on garments made of polyester, or on specialty objects made of polyester or given a polyester coating. When the heat and pressure are applied, the dye on the transfer medium sublimates, or becomes a gas, and is then absorbed into the polyester itself; the print is actually a part of the garment/coating. It doesn’t fade easily, wear, or have any texture or weight.
So, what does all of this mean to you, our customer? There are many benefits to the process:
- Full color on small runs. Unlike screen printing, there is no need for separate screens, films, or a great deal of setup for sublimation. Though you may well need to have us refine your art, the process thereafter is straightforward, and on smaller orders may prove less expensive overall than screen printing.
- Less need for minimum orders. We are more likely to be able to accommodate a smaller order or re-order when you sublimate, due to the reduced amount of setup needed to print your item.
- Individual customization. Though art charges may apply for this level of customization, seeing as each garment is printed from it’s own transfer rather than en masse on the same set of screens, this method makes it much easier to add individual customization to each printed item.
- Lighter hand. The nature of sublimation means that prints are never heavy or thick. The garment is unchanged by the process, save for the addition of your art.
- Durability. There is no cracking or peeling in a sublimated print, they last as long as the garment.
Wooter Apparel is the BEST at Full Sublimation Printing
Now you know why sublimation printing is the way to go for your team, league or organization. Here at Wooter Apparel, our #1 focus is on sublimation uniforms and customized apparel.
- Speed. After you place your order, you receive your order in 2-3 weeks.
- Talented designers. Our design team knows exactly what you want and will create your dream uniforms. Our designs are free and included in all of our prices!
- Professionally made. We use the most advanced technology and the highest quality fabrics to produce your customized apparel.
Look good. Play good.